Monday, January 5, 2009

Any readers I DID have...

Have probably given up on me now. I know...I've been gone A LONG time.

Life has really been crazy.

So, if you read my last post, there have been "flood" issues. It's not as bad as it sounds...really. It is only bad enough to turn into a huge inconvenience for us. The property above us is know owned by HUD , so who KNOWS when ours will get fixed. For now we just have massive holes in the ceiling. At least I can report that the dripping has stopped. But there is now a nasty residue in our kitchen from the water that will not come off. It's a very thick, sandpapery feeling residue...and we cannot find anything that will clean it up. Oh, and to make it better...it looks like urine. YAY!

The ceiling thing has provided me with more stress than I thought it would. When it first happened I thought...it's okay...we'll get through this...no big deal...and I tried to just laugh about it. But now...I'm not really laughing. Christmas was kind of dreadful. I wished I was home much more than I thought I would.

So, I guess I'm back. I took pictures of the damage but I left my camera cord at home...so maybe tomorrow.

No comments: