Wednesday, October 21, 2009

cuts, wedding stuff, and other random adventures**

**and by adventures I really mean totally boring and only slightly interesting information about what's been going on in my life. :)
haha!

So, Saturday I was cutting the plastic vacuum-sealed wrap from a turkey breast that was being marinated in cajun seasonings. I was cutting towards my body, which my mama always taught me NOT to do, but either I was having a momentary moment of rebellion (YEAH! TAKE THAT, MAMA!) or I was having and idiot moment. Sure enough, as soon as the though popped into my head, " you shouldn't be cutting towards you're body, the knife could slip." guess what happened?? The knife slipped. OOPS.
I felt it cut my hand in between my pointer and second fingers, but I wasn't sure how bad it was. I grabbed my hand and ran over to the sink, expecting blood to start pouring. But, it didn't. I rinsed the cut and finally built up the courage to look at it and it was not THAT deep. Deeper than a regular cut, but not deep enough to need stitches.

Oh, well, lesson learned. Mama laughed at me when I told her that I knew I shouldn't have been doing it. I think she was just so surprised to hear that something she taught me stuck with me. haha!
Also, I had a wedding to help produce/co-ordinate. Here are some pictures. I was pretty proud of myself...and of course, Jen, who was the co-coordinator. haha.

This is the mantle/mantel (I never know how to spell that word) that Jennifer designed. I thought it was really lovely and rustic.





These were the little hay decorations we made. :) hehee






And Jennifer made these signs that showed the wedding route. They were just like this one but said "wedding" on them. soo cute!






Here's one of (L to R) Jules, me and Jennifer. I have no idea why I don't have one of the three of us with the bride.




And this is Jodi, the bride. She was truly beautiful!
We had a great time! The wedding was in NC and it was really lovely that time of year in the area. Aside from the supposed bears lurking in the mountains, I can see the appeal of living there!
Anyway, I'm going to try to get in a habit of blogging again, so check back and check often!
Talk to y'all later!
~K

No comments: