Thursday, June 26, 2008

My First Post...or Whatever...

Well, I got tired of the livejournal so I have officially switched. I feel like this is a new beginning for me. A breath of fresh air. A fresh start. A clean slate. A chance to start ALL OVER.


Oh, who am I kidding...I just got jealous of my sister's cute blog and decided I had better move if I wanted a cute one too.

So, I don't know what to tell you about myself, and since only ONE person is going to read this...and that ONE person knows EVERYTHING about me, what's the point? I'm just going to keep posting like normal. :)

Here goes:

Yesterday was our weekly gathering where all of our friends come over and we do something fun like have dinner together or play a game or watch a movie. Yesterday we had just planned to play Pictionary with the group. We even got a white board so that we could play like "Win, Lose, or Draw" that used to come on television. Oh, man, I used to LOVE that show. I'd sit there screaming out what I thought the guy in the tight mom-jeans was drawing. Sometimes I'd even shout for the blonde woman in a short skirt with huge hair to MOVE! MOVE SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU'RE DRAWING! MOVE YOUR HAIR!! But, anyway, we got a white board so we could re-live those good ol' days! But Jules' parents are in town, so they decided yesterday morning that they wanted to cook dinner for all our friends. A "stereotypical southern meal" they called it. So, I emailed everyone and let them know to "come hungry" because there was going to be many a fried food to try.

And when I walked in the front door and the smell of de-natured vegatables and pork chops that had been simmering in the crock pot for hours hit me in the face, I could have died of happiness right there on the tile by the door, just from smelling it! It was heavenly! And, although everyone didn't like everything, most people at least tried everything. It was a huge success. Although, I have to mention that one of our friends had never even seen Okra before and another kept asking "but, what exactly is a GRIT?" All in all I think people left with full tummies (and arteries, for that matter) and felt they had been straight in the middle of sweet home Alabama.

Then, after dinner we played Pictionary and it was so stinkin hilarious! Julie's dad had to draw "Dick Cheney". HOW FUNNY IS THAT?!? I mean, come on...how do you draw DICK CHENEY? haha!!! So needless to say, we had a great time!

Things are really busy at work today, so I gotta run! Maybe I'll post a little somethin' somethin' later! See ya!

~Krusty Lynn

No comments: