Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Smallest Winner!!

Okay.

One of my favorite favorite favorite shows is The Big*gest L*s*r. :) I think it's one of the most inspiring shows I've ever seen! I have watched like 4 seasons in a row! Last night was the season finale. It was the longest running season, the season with the oldest contestant, the youngest contestant, the sickest contestant and the heaviest man and woman ever on the show. It was the most inspiring, wonderful thing to see what these contestants accomplished in 18 weeks! I felt like a proud mama while watching how good everyone had done!

The three who were in the finals were all people I really liked. I did want two of them to win more than one of them. There was a pink team, a brown team, and a green team. I really wanted brown or green to win, because they had really worked so hard during the season. Pink won. You know what...she looked great. And I was really happy for her...but I felt so sad for the green member. Because Ms. Green literally dominated during the entire season, and she deserved to win. You could see the disappointment on her face. But you could also tell that she was just happy to have lost the weight. So I don't know...I felt sad for her, but happy too.

And that brings me to my weight loss update. I have been eating the same...still doing the study...but I think my body has hit a plateau. I have not lost weight in like a week! It's very frustrating!! Tonight I should get a good bit of walking/running around at the Photo scavenger Hunt we're having with the CommUNITY group and that might boost a little weight loss. Also, when I got to the beach I plan on swimming as much as I can, because swimming is EXCELLENT exercise. So hopefully I'll catch up on my weight loss, but MAN! It's pretty frustrating to get on the scale and see nothing!! Unless, of course, the scale actually said "0" then I might freak out, because although I want to weigh less I don't want to weigh nothing. :)

2 comments:

cheryl said...

I'm looking forward to swimming, too.. the pool is being "fired up". Which means chemicals and expensive additives are being poured and stirred so that when it gets warm consistently, I will be able to go in and vacuum it for several hours each day. Which I like to do more than housework. Are you going to the beach? Is it warm enough where you live to swim already? I "swam" in my hot tub today, but it was 92, and the air temp was I believe 64.
By the way, I was not the lucky one to get the other puppy.. My brother and sister-in-law got him.. he's really cute, too.
I'm sorry your body hit a plateau, but don't feel bad, it's normal.. mine hit a mountain a couple of weeks ago, but today I've gone down 3. I'm being a lot more careful, as I'm being encouraged by you! I think I need something implanted in my brain, or maybe I need to be hypnotized. (sp?)...Anyway, keep up the good work!

T.L. said...

oh I know the frustration...
My weigh keeps going up and down, but just a few pounds at a time. But then if I make a graphic I can see the general idea is downwards. Just a tiny hesitant slope, but still :)
And remember it's better to lose slowly and keep it off, than lose fast and take it back faster.. :)