Friday, May 8, 2009

Not so exciting events of yesterday...

The ballgame the other day was just the BEST weather I've experienced at a game before! I only wished we had been sitting in the sun, so that I could get a little color on my lily-white skin. But nonetheless, it was glorious outside! We were in the shade, and there was a breeze the ENTIRE time, and the temps stayed around 60's-70's until the sun went down. Even then the temps were really nice. I ended up putting on a sweatshirt towards the end, but that was just because the breeze was cool. And the Rockies won! 11-1. Only to lose to the same team the next day 6-3 or something. ( I never did understand how you can slaughter a team one day, and the next day get beat so bad yourself!) anyway. The game was great...the weather was to die for...and the tickets were free!!

Yesterday after I ate lunch at work, I was sitting outside with my boss just for a few minutes to soak up the nice weather. We were out there, and there were three other people from another department out there. Two boys and a girl. One of the boys was on a bench, the other boy was lying under a tree, and the girl was sitting on the grass under that same tree. She had her back to us (me, my boss, and the guy on the bench) and her pants had sagged in the back. I'm going to assume she was unaware of her bottom showing, and I wasn't sure what to do. I thought about telling her, but there was no way to let her know without causing a scene...I can just imagine that. "hey, um, so-and-so. Your, um, bottom...um. Yeah, you might want to...um. Hey. Okay, see ya!"

Riiiiiight.

So, I didn't tell her. It turns out that she got up like two minutes later to go to the post office, and therefore her bottom was no longer in view. That was good.

Yesterday morning I had a rough morning because I was in a horrible mood from gaining a little bit of weight back (the ball game--sabotage!) Then I read the post on Heather's blog where she talks about the "weight/math exercise" in Catie Grace's class and I got so upset I really needed to cry. I kept thinking.. "okay, I have 11 minutes before this patient shows up, I could run in the back and cry for a minute..." but I knew my face would get splotchy and then everyone would ask "what's wrong!?" and bring more attention to my splotchy face. So I held back the tears.

After talking to Heather and hearing that Catie Grace was doing fine, I felt better. Our clinic is getting busier and that's always good. That takes less stress off my boss and less stress off me...to know that we're hitting our patient quota everyday! yay!!

For lunch we walked down to Subway. (don't worry...I ate my study lunch...the other girls ate subway). You know...Subway where Gary works. Yeah. I had to buy a drink...so I had to stand in line...and try to avoid his gaze. Even after the very embarrassing, cowardly delivery of his phone number to me through his employee, and even after I haven't called him or shown interest in him romantically (other than gazing at his subway sandwiches like I haven't had food in 10 years) he still proceeds to try to stare at me or talk to me or breathe. hah, just kidding about the breathing part. sort of. No really.

Sort of.

Speaking of Gary. The guy who was laying in the grass (above) said to me the other day, "Krusty," (except he used my real name) "why do all these guys like you?" I was like, "Gee, Pal, I have no idea. When you figure it out why don't you let me know?!" Geez! Who asks a question like that. That's just the sort of thing that makes me feel insecure and uncomfortable. I know he didn't mean it like it sounded. I know he was asking in reference to Gary and to another guy who's a patient here who inappropriately tries to give me gifts and hold my hand and such. I know that he didn't mean it to sound like he was asking "Krusty, why would ANY guy ever think you're ATTRACTIVE and want to ask you out??" But that's how it sounded. I wanted to punch him in the head...but I didn't.

I'm a walking example of restraint. ;-D

Anyway, hopefully today I'll be getting off early and going shopping with Jules. She needs a bathing suit for our upcoming Beach Trip. What? What's that you say? I haven't mentioned any impending Beach Trip??? Well, then you'll just have to come back to find out more about it, won't you??? :)

4 comments:

cheryl said...

I can't wait to hear about your beach trip!! Does it sound like I don't have a life? I do, it's just that I enjoy other's lives, too... Now that my 7 daughters are getting older, they are obviously not needing me that much socially, although they do seem to still like me and we have a lot of fun, but just the same, they can have fun with out me, too. This evening they were heading out to church, where they do a children's activity club, and tonight's theme was pirates.. They were dressed up, with makeup, etc., and since I neglected to make dinner, (don't ask, I just do that sometimes.) they were going to stop in to our very small town's pizza place for slices.. then they realized what they looked like, and were pretty much rolling on the floor laughing. I, for a split second, almost drove down there with my camera to join in on the fun. So I guess I really don't have a life.
Well, I think I know why all the guys like you.. you sound like a fun girl, the good kind of fun. Too bad about Gary.. do you think he'll ever turn into a drop dead handsome charming young man? Della told me about your niece's teacher's math activity.. my goodness! Do some people just not think with their brains?? I'm glad she's okay, good thing she has such a good mother.. well, sorry for the long comment.. I'll try to get a life.

KrustyLynn said...

Oh, cheryl! it sounds like you DO have a life...a wonderful one filled with those that you love! I would have loved to have seen the pictures you took of your daughters dressed up as pirates eating pizza! (that sounds like a veggie Tales movie "Pirates that ate pizza." ha!) Anyway, Thank you for saying such sweet things about me...my day will come...and it won't be Gary that I'm spending my time with. :) Thank you for the comments! I love hearing from you and all my online friends! :)

cheryl said...

I know your day will come.. there is someone very special and right for you, and I know you won't "settle".. And, if not, for some unknown reason.. you will be fine.
By the way, I probably don't know you well enough to be saying such things to you, and I apologize if I'm taking too many "online" freedoms. I don't mean to, I just have faith that God knows what's best for us, (even when we don't), and we can look back and go.."Ohh, now I see.. or not! Anyway, you are obviously a special, good person, and God, in His infinite wisdom, will take good care of you. Don't ask me how I know that, I just do..

KrustyLynn said...

Cheryl...you're not taking too many freedoms at all. I consider you my friend, and friends talk to each other and encourage each other. I appreciate your encouragement. :)

And you're right. :)