Thursday, February 26, 2009

I hate to be choosy

So, on campus here there is a variety of restaurants to eat. Two of my favorites are Subway and Jimmy Johns! yumm! I have really gotten attached to Subway, mostly because I don't feel guilty after eating there and I'm full. I have been buying my lunch a lot lately, because I have been so tired I hardly get out of bed in time to put on shoes much less pack a lunch. So, I've been going to Subway a lot lately. Today, I was there in line and I was the second person in line (about to pay). I noticed the man at the register was looking down at my chest/stomach area. I wasn't sure which one he was looking at, but I wasn't too happy about either option. My chest, which is fairly large, well, we all know why I wouldn't like him looking there (pervert). My stomach is fatter than it used to be, and a huge source of insecurity for me, so I didn't want him looking there either. I said, "HEY!" What are you looking at??" and he snapped out of it and said, "oh, sorry. Your nametag." okay. So, I eat my lunch and throw away my trash. I went to fill up my Diet Coke one more time before I left and one of the workers walked up behind me and was like "psst. pssssssst." I turned around, thinking that SURELY she was not "pssst-ing" me. OH, SHE WAS!! I turned around and she handed me a little piece of paper and said, "this is Gary's number." I said, "GARY?? Who's Gary??" I guess she was trying to make a speedy getaway, so she said (rather impatiently) "the guy. THE guy!" and pointed towards the register where the man who was staring at my "nametag" was standing. OHHHH. great.

I politely said thank you and quickly scurried off.


I should mention that he's approximately 49 years old.


I should have told him that my mother is single.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

I think you're SMART to be choosy!! Poor guy.. awkward. Once again, I felt like I was right there with you!