Thursday, February 5, 2009

Things I wish I hadn't done...

So, there's a radio show I listen to on my way home from work. It's really a kind of silly show, and most of the time it's just a bunch of people calling in and telling stories of their lives that will win a prize, according to that day's theme. For example, they have days where you call in and tell them your WORST/BEST shopping splurge that you couldn't afford...or tell them your childhood secret...and the WORST/BEST wins a prize. So, I listen, and usually laugh at the crazy things that people say. I also spend a lot of time wondering why these people would call and let thousands of people hear the horrible things they've done. BUT...then I started thinking...and I thought--even though I won't call the radio show and let thousands of people hear the things I wish I'd never done...I WILL write about it on my "blog". So, here we are.

Things I wish I HADN'T done...

1. Gotten a credit card in college. Although, that credit card funded my move across the country...so I don't know.
2. When I was in college I worked at a hospital as a nurses' aide. I wish I hadn't had to help that man use the bathroom that time. I should have gotten a guy to do it. Nothing bad happened...it's a funny story actually. But each time I tell the story, and everyone around me is laughing...I think about how I should have said no.
3. I wish I hadn't stopped writing in cursive as soon as I was out of 2nd grade. I still cannot write in cursive. When I had a choice, in 3rd grade and beyond...I ALWAYS chose print...and now, that's the only way I can write.
4. I wish I hadn't dated the guy I dated in high school. I mean, there was nothing wrong with him at the time...but it ended badly and I think I'm forever scarred.
5. I wish I hadn't dated the guy I dated in college either. But he was very short-term. I thought I would really like him because he was from a strange, foreign nation and that is very interesting! However, I learned quickly that I should have just done a report on the country, and not dated him. He was very strange. Needless to say that I had to break it off after a couple weeks. Very funny stories though.
6. I wish I hadn't typed number 4 and 5 together. It makes it sound like I have made all these bad choices as far as dating...but those are the only two guys I've ever dated. And you can't count the second one...that was a joke!
7. I wish I hadn't spent so much time, energy, and emotion on trying to maintain a relationship with my dad once my parents split. It was clear from the get-go that the interest was mine alone, and he had another family that was top priority. Had I figured it out sooner, I probably would have had much more fun in college. I would have stopped being an RA my senior year, so that I could just work and go to school...as opposed to working, school, and being a full-time RA. I also would have taken that trip to New York City that year when I turned 21 with my friends. He said no, I couldn't go. And i didn't. Mostly because I didn't want to make him mad. Once I finally realized that I was not running in first place anymore...I was running in 5th, I stopped running--and FINALLY caught my breath.
8. I wish I hadn't had to work at a call center when I first moved out here. I still have nightmares about that place. I have to admit that I used to hope the sprinklers would accidentally go off while I was there so that all the phones and computers would short out and break and I wouldn't have to work there anymore. :) I really was scarred. I cried everyday at work--except the last day I worked there. There were no tears about leaving.
9. I wish I hadn't had a large coffee this morning instead of my normal medium. I'll be feeling that one later. :-{
10. I wish I hadn't been so mean to my brother and sister growing up. I think that we have great relationships now, but it took a LONG time to get there!
11. I wish I hadn't bought this scrub top that I'm wearing today. Although it's a good color, it's too short and very annoying. I have to keep tugging...and if you're tugging on your clothes that means they don't fit.
12. I wish I hadn't believed Malynna Reynolds when she told me in 4th grade that Josh whatever-his-name-was didn't like me. Because he did. And she lied because she liked him. And he could have been my prince charming. hahahaahah!
13. I wish I hadn't seen that shark that time when Heather, Stevie and me were playing very far out in the ocean on a "family vacation". I think this contributes to part of my ocean-panic.
14. I wish I hadn't tried that sip of wine when i worked at Olive Garden for 3 days. It felt like I was drinking nail polish remover! yuck!!! Alcohol is NOT for me!!

OK...i stopped at 14 because that's my favorite number. I hope this was sort of funny! it wasn't supposed to be some heavy list of regrets. It was supposed to be funny and true. :) I hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA

those were great

and now I must do them too!!

:)