Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Snooze Addiction

No matter what time I go to bed at night...it still happens. I CANNOT get up when my alarm goes off. I set it MUCH MUCH MUCH too far in advance just so that I can hit that stupid snooze button approximately 1,000,000 times. I've even tried setting it closer to the time I have to get up and saying, Ok, I will only snooze 3 times. YEAH RIGHT! I have no idea what the obsession is!

The truth is, if there were a sport in the Olympics for who could sleep the longest, I would take home the Gold! I tell you what! nighttime is a marathon, not a sprint, people! Although lately, it's been far too much of a sprint--and we all know how sprinting makes us feel: tired, sore, and a little cranky.

So, that's what I've been. The past 4 nights I haven't gotten good sleep, much less enough hours logged in the bed, so each day I wake up more and more tired than the last. Today, I am right on the brink of being a zombie. I had a venti iced coffee with 3 sweet n' lows and cream this morning just to get me through the morning. I confused poor Deborah by ordering Venti. She didn't even know who I was, therefore I didn't get my normal, "good morning, Kristi! How are you today???" from sweet little deborah. Isn't it funny how much things like that can affect your day/mood.

I had a dream last night that we had mice in our walls. Hundreds and hundreds of mice. There was a hole where they were coming into the rooms so I stuck some sticky traps up against the hole. In my dream, hundreds of mice kept running out of that hole and getting piled up on that sticky trap. I kept putting fresh sticky traps up against the hole but they were "filling" up as fast as I could place them. And little mice were running all around me and i was screaming. I might have been screaming in real life. No one woke me though--so i guess I wasn't.

So, even when I am asleep I'm dreaming of mice running all over me. Even when I finally get rest It's just not enough. I'm running on empty, and I still have two more work days left. I just don't think I'm going to make it!!

Tonight we're going to a friend's house to watch a movie. Ten bucks says I don't see the end.

Or maybe even the middle.

Lights off: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Now I do believe I may dream of mice tonight.