Monday, July 6, 2009

the 4th of July was FUNNY!

Oh, man, I had a great 4th of July! I really didn't do much...went for a swim that morning and then it clouded up so I just went back inside. Then I lounged around and read for the rest of the day until it was time to go to the Community 4th of July Celebration! yay! It's illegal to have/shoot fireworks here in CO, which is totally foreign to me because in AL you can shoot them anytime you want...heck! You can shoot them at each other if you want, and no one cares. But here, I guess it's too dry and the potential for wildfires is too great, so you cannot shoot them off. Thus, all the different suburbs have these community celebrations. Ours was so nice and relaxing.



It had rained most of the afternoon, though, and I forgot about the ground being wet. So, instead of going to walmart or something to get a plastic tarp, we just put trash bags down under our sitting blankets. It worked out pretty good, but the plastic made the blanket really slippery and so everytime we moved we were shifting the blanket or the plastic. It started raining again during the thing anyway, so it didn't matter...we all ended up damp.



A funny thing happened while we were at the celebration. We arrived around 6:30 and placed our blankets in an open space right behind a family that was having a cookout. The rules say that you cannot bring grills to the celebration but people did anyway. This family was a grandma, about 4 daughters, one of those daughters brought her husband and son. They were all, let's say, 25ish and older (except the son, of course, he was like 13). And let me tell you! Grandma was getting down!! We secretly took a video with my digital camera of grandma dancing, and it was SOOOO funny! I'm not really super-techno-savvy so I'll have to figure out how to upload it, then I'll show y'all. This family was sooooo funny! they were just getting down! But, you know what? They were just having the BEST time with one another! That's what was important!

There was a family behind us that had three small dogs...two yorkies and one cha-weenie and they just barked and barked and barked at people walking by. It made us feel better because Westin is such a sweet dog, but he barks his head off at people! it's really embarrassing! So, we made sure these ladies knew we knew how they felt, and not to worry about their barking bothering us.

I started this post on Monday, and now I can't remember what the point was.

Sidetrack Sally.

A really funny thing happened at work today, in regards to a service dog that a patient had with her, so remind me to tell you that story tomorrow!! It'll at least give me something interesting to write about and it'll give you something to look forward to. :-D

Oh, and P.S. I've lost 33 pounds. :)

No comments: