Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wongs, Pancakes, and (FINALLY) the dancing Grandma!

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I just haven't gotten back in the swing of things. I'm trying to get back to things...

So, today we saw a patient who had to come in to the office fasting, so she had to eat her breakfast before we could start the visit so that her blood sugar didn't go low. So, she pulls out her breakfast while I'm taking her history and she's got CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!! oh my.

I very calmly and nicely told her that I might hip-check her and steal her pancakes. She laughed...until she realized I might be serious, then she just gobbled her pancakes down. I think she really was a little nervous.

Then while we were doing a visual field test she had to wear what we oh-so-very-professionally call a "pirate patch" and her mom got out her camera and the girl posed and said "arrrg" to the camera! it was sooo funny. This girl was like 18 and such a good sport!!

Tonight I'm going to the Sugarland/Keith Urban concert! I'm really excited. If i get any good pictures I'll post them. I still have yet to figure out how to post that video of the granny dancing. I'll try to post it in this blog, but if it doesn't work someone tell me so I can take it off. :)


So there go...we'll see if it works. There's lot of me and Julie laughing on the video...and the main voice you hear is Jules. She was holding the camera.

In other news, poor Jules has been having lots of trouble with her carpal tunnel or whatever the problem is and last night she only slept a couple hours. I would wake up and she'd be just bawling her eyes out because of the pain. The only way she could sleep was sitting up. Isn't that just the saddest thing you've ever heard?? Okay, not the saddest you've ever heard, but still. She's going to go to the Workman's Comp doctor as soon as she can file a report at work. :) Poor thing!!

And the last thing that is probably WAYYYYY too much info, but it made me laugh:

I wore pants the other day that were the kind of pants that you can REALLY see lumpy underwear lines on. I typically don't care, nor do I worry about that sort of thing...but these were the "weight-loss pants" and I was really excited to wear them...but they weren't very thick pants and you could see my lumpy behind and my squishy panty-lines...So, I don't own the kind of underwear that you need to wear for that sort of problem. You know...Wongs. (go with me...I don't want people googling that other word). I don't own a wong. So, you know what i did? I took my current underwear and I gave myself a wedgie. I walked around with yards and yards of fabric tucked into my...umm...bottom. All day. I have never felt such sweet relief as when I un-wedgied myself that night when I changed clothes!

Ok...enough of that. I hope that was funny and not offensive. Sorry. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I didn 't see this post until today!! wahwahaha! I don't wear "wong" nor own anything that would justify them.. But I do have a "short" that looks like this: http://www.gm.tv/media/images/b/9/spanx350.jpg
it's GREAT, smooths out all my lumps :)