Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's my Birthday!

Well, today is my 26th Birthday! I don't think 26 is a very big deal, except for the fact that you're turning the corner from early twenties to closer to 30. That's okay though, because Heather is already 30. She turned 30 this year, so ha!

So, I went home for a Whirlwind Birthday Weekend last weekend and although my trip lacked a certain element of sleep, it was a really good time! Saturday I got to play all day with Mom, Heather and the kids and then we ate at O'Charleys (one of my favorites!) and then had ice cream cake! YUMMM!

The family also went WAY above and beyond and gave me a laptop (they said they got a really good deal) for my birthday! Since the computer I have been using is about 60 billion years old it was the perfect gift! I have been spoiled by the Acer. :)

Also, the family gave me a Nalgene bottle that looks like this:

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE Alabama fan. Living where I do, bama fans are few and far between so I love to show off my Bama Pride as much as possible. So, i LOVED this bottle! And who knows--maybe this will actually prompt me to drink more water! (I'll probably end up filling the bottle with Diet Coke instead! haha! just kidding---sort of.)


See the little slice of cake sitting there next to the bottle? That would be Banana Nut Bread. Brian (my boss) makes it for me on special occasions because he knows I love it! So this year he made me some for my birthday! Isn't that thoughtful? I know, I am lucky! I have the best boss in the world!

Also, not for my birthday but just because I she's nice one of the administrative assistants brought in these flowers for me today! I LOVE brightly colored flowers!!


Isn't that beautiful? They're in an Izzie soda bottle with a little twine bow at the top! Aren't they lovely?
Well, I suppose that's all for today. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!:)
I like your new hair cut and the japanese shades on your background!

not much battery here, ttfn

16 blessings'mom said...

Happy Birthday...yawn, your blog is just rocking me right to sleep....seriously, I am glad you are back. My sister and I just love your sister and you...and WOW to the jogging! Good for you!