Thursday, August 26, 2010

Strenght will rise as we wait upon the Lord, Wait upon the Lord...

There are so many things in my life that I feel like I'm waiting on. Small things and big things alike. My cell phone, for instance, has been broken for like 3 months!! I purchased insurance at the time I got the phone, so I took my broken phone into Best Buy and they whisked it off to be "repaired or replaced." It's been gone for like 3 weeks. I've been using a phone that my sister lended (or is it lent?) me like 2 years ago. That phone gets the job done, but it has NO signal at my work. Zilch. So, I can't really do ANYTHING with my phone at work. So, I'm just WAITING on BB to call and say my phone is ready.

No kidding, my phone just rang and it was BB saying my phone is ready. Maybe whatever I type here will come true...Like a wishing well.

And then I got a call that I won the lottery without even playing **eyes closed, fingers crossed...waiting....**

.....

well, that didn't work. SHOOT! ;-D

I'm waiting on someone to call me about a thing that's very important. WOW! Was that the most vague sentence I've ever muttered in my LIFE?? I think so!

I'm waiting for football season to start. If you're not new to this blog (and let's face it--why would you be??) (and if you ARE new then I'm sure you didn't even make it this far in my ramblings!) then you know that I'm not just talking about ANY football...I'm talking about Number 1 Ranked, National Champions--University of Alabama Football. ROOOOLLLLLLL TIIIIIIDE! :) It starts next weekend...but the game is Pay Per View. So, I guess we'll be hovering around the radio like people used to do before TV was invented. Oh well. Last season I went into work to listen to the game on my work computer b/c the one at home wouldn't pick up the radio station! So, I sat at work on a Saturday and did a little work and every once in a while you'd hear "YESSSS!" echo down the hallway. Oops.

Then there are bigger things I'm waiting on. Things that I just have to trust God for. Things that I know will come eventually, but aren't here yet. And things that I don't want to RUSH, but I just get curious about. Like who I'm going to marry. I wonder who that will be. I wonder what he'll look like and what his name is. I wonder (and hope) that he makes me laugh all the time. I wonder if I'll know right away (like people always say) or if I'll just grow to know. I wonder if he's going to be outdoorsy or indoorsy. I wonder if I'm going to have kids? I wonder if I'll feel like I have to RUSH to have kids b/c I was "older" when I got married. I wonder how it'll feel to be a mother. I wonder if I'll be as good a mother as my sister is.

Almost everyone I know (from my past or even from my present) is married. Now, I know that I don't want to rush into a marriage. That married life is hard and I want to take my time to make sure I make the right decision. But now things are shifting to where everyone I know who's married is now having a baby. I can honestly say that I'm nowhere near ready to have a baby...but I wonder how different my life would be.

ANYWAY, I know that God has a plan and I'm not worried about it. I'm just curious.

No comments: