Monday, August 31, 2009

Gooooaaaaaaaaal!

Ok, so this will be my last (hopefully, because I'm sure you're tired of hearing about it) post about my weight loss. I just wanted to post because I have officially reached and passed my goal.
So, I have lost a total (as of today) of 44.6 pounds. I am going to keep losing until I reach 55 pounds total loss.
Anyway, here are the inches lost during these past months:
Neck: lost 1.5 inches
Bust: lost 8 inches
Waist: lost 11.5
Hips: lost 10 inches
Thighs: 5 inches each leg
That equals a total of 36 inches in my whole body. I moved from a size 20 jeans to a size 14 and I'm working my way to a size 12.
I'm really proud of myself. I feel like for the first time in my life I'm actually doing it! I thank God for that study that got me started on this journey!
Anyway, here's a before picture:

And here's a current picture:

I'm so much happier! I feel much more like myself now. When I look in the mirror I'm not disgusted anymore (and that's somethin', y'all!).
So thank you for your encouragement. Thank you to That Chick, who inspired me to try. Thank you to God for keeping me motivated. I'm just so much happier! I feel like nothing can hold me back now...So thank you, guys, because your support has meant more than I can say!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

You were and are a beautiful young lady, inside and out..
I do understand how you feel.. when I was younger, I had no idea what having a "weight" problem felt like, and unless you've been there, there is no way you can understand. Now, I do understand, though, and it is quite difficult. But at least I can learn compassion, and I am certainly not intending to stay this way.. so, it is very encouraging to see your success!! You are still the same, funny, sweet person, you just feel better, and better about how you look, and there's nothing wrong with that!! And you give thanks to God, of course you're happy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't believe I missed this post!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! you go girl this is great! a size 12 is a great place to be, you find your size in every store! And there is always a few left on the sales rack! ;)