Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Saturday through today...

So, I haven't been doing very good with posting. DUH. I'm just going to catch you up on what I've been doing lately. Nothing very exciting, but I figure writing about what's been going on is better than not writing at all. Plus, I mostly write this for heather and I'm sure she really does care about what I do durin the day, just like I care about what she does. So...

Last week I was sick for about half the week. I actually ended up having to call in to work on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I wasn't feeling great, but I knew I had to go back to work. So, I pushed through the day. We were quite busy, actually, so I didn't have a lot of time to think about it. On Friday I worked almost the whole day, which is unusual for me. Usually I get to leave early on Fridays, but this one I stayed until like 4:30.

On Saturday, I slept until like 10, which was GREAT! Jules and I couldn't figure out what we'd like to do that day, but since Jules is cooped up in the house all week, we knew we had to go SOMEWHERE. We watched a few episodes of Friends and then decided we'd splurge a little and go to the movies. We saw H*ou*se B*unn*y and it was pretty good. Not as funny as I expected, but still pretty good. The overall message was nice. Plus we got some popcorn...and that can make ANY movie bearable. :)

After the movie we went to church, since our church offers services on Saturday night, Sunday morning, and Sunday night. I prefer the night services so we don't have to get up early on a "day off". Church was good. It was about not letting anger and bitterness rule your life. I thought about sending the message link to my mom, just because I thought it would be encouraging for her..but there's just no way to do that without sounding judgemental. Ya know? I mean, you can't say, Hey, mom...i heard this message and I think you should hear it too. HA! YEAH RIGHT!!

Sunday morning we got a text message from one of the girls who comes to our wednesday night group. She wanted to hang out so we told her to come on over. It was 11. She stayed until 9:30 pm. She ate lunch AND supper with us. She watched every episode of the first season of G*rey's An*ato*my. We were very tired and actually had some shows we wanted to see on Sunday nights. That didn't happen. We were very glad for her company...don't get me wrong. She's a great girl...but when we're on a budget and she eats TWO meals at our house, that's a lot of our scrimped and saved moo-lah. Plus, she drank two of my flavored waters and left her trash and stuff all over the house. She used our computer and desk and left her stuff everywhere. I was just tired and ready for her to go. :(

Monday morning came way to early. I had a hard time getting up, but I still made it to work on time. Work was busy and the Dr. was behind so people kept getting ill at me, asking, how much longer?? or Do you know we have another appointment to go to at *** time and we're going to be late??? OKKK>>>tell the Dr about it when he comes in...because honestly, I have NOTHING to do with the fact that he's not here yet. I have done my part...I have done every procedure and test I can do...now you just have to wait on him. Maybe if you complain to him, instead of me, something might be done about it. GRRR.
Oh...and a toddler wrote on our white wall with blue dry erase marker. And no one said anything to us. The parents just acted like it wasn't there. I saw the kid with blue marker all over his face when they were leaving and I thought..."hmm...that wasn't there before...where'd he get that?" So i went in the exam room and looked and sure enough he had marked on the wall. it's a big scribble mark about 8 inches by 5 inches. HOW ANNOYING. now we have to paint the wall to cover it up!! The least the parents could have done is tell us.

Today I am seriously dragging. Jules had to fly to phoenix today for some orientation stuff for her new job so she had to be at the airport at 5:30. YIKES! So it was an early morning for her and for me...so hopefully I'll make it through today without falling asleep. Really my main problem today is that I'm STARVING. I need a breakfast sandwich or some oatmeal from Starbucks!!!!

I have some pictures to upload. I'll put them up later. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you tried those arm and hammer magic erasers? Supposedly they will even get sharpie off the wall. I think you use the dry not wet though.

Hey use photobucket to upload your pictures, then just post the html link into your blog and the picture will show up :) Goes a lot faster then using the blog upload feature.

I love you and do love hearing about your day. Oh and that chick would have lasted an hour before i would have ran out of tampons or something that required me to leave.