Thursday, September 4, 2008

Camping, Jobs, and Illness

So, on Saturday we went camping with our community group. Mostly? It was a disaster. I learned lots of things about myself though. Things like, I don't like to sleep on the ground, and I don't enjoy 32 degree nights when sleeping outdoors. I also learned that it's difficult to hold your poop for that many days. And that it's hard to change clothes in a tent. I learned that not taking a shower for 3 days does something to your confidence, and that roasted marshmellows are the best food on the planet. So, aside from my self-enlightening experience, i didn't sleep...i froze to death...i got a sinus infection which left me miserable for a good majority of the trip. I was so annoyed with some people's inconsiderate-ness that I was sure my head might explode. It rained. Mice got into our food storage and ate some of it. People fussed the whole time. I was very glad to go, and learn lots of things NOT to do if I ever go camping again...but I am not sure I've ever been so glad to be home!!!

Jules still hasn't heard from the interviews that went sooooooo great last week. It's a shame because she really deserves one of those jobs. :(

And, finally, the reason I haven't been writing is because I have been really sick. I got some stupid sinus infection while camping and it has knocked me on my behind. I had to take two days off work, and although I'm back at work today, I still don't feel 100%. So, that's why I haven't been writing. That's why I am not my normal upbeat self. I'll be back to normal as soon as I can get the 25 pounds of cotton balls out of my head and sinus cavities. :)

No comments: