Monday, September 29, 2008

My weekend

So, Julie had to work on Saturday and Sunday, so Saturday morning I woke up and went with the Men@Work group (that's not really a link, so don't click it) and helped a lady paint a bedroom in her house. Simple, right? WRONG! It was her daughter's room and it was painted purple with craft paint artwork and oil pastel drawings all over the wall. It didn't take us long to realize that the oil pastels were mixing with the primer, giving the whole wall a rainbow effect (which judging by the girls artwork, she would have LOVED.) So, we had to send one of the men to the Man's Store to get something to get the oil pastels off the wall. I said specifically what he should tell them, because they would know exactly what to get it off with. He didn't ask anyone (go figure that!) and came back with a huge tin jug of Acetone. So, yeah, acetone gets the oil pastel off the wall, along with the paint...and the primer....and the sheet rock. :) After 4 hours of scrubbing we were all high as kites from the fumes and all the oil pastel was off the wall. We started priming, but since the room was pretty small there just wasn't enough work for 5 people to be doing. So, I did what any good city worker does everyday...i stood and watched. And occasionally I pointed.

Once that was finished I drove home with my windows down, because it was one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced. Then, when I got almost home, i decided it'd be a good idea to go to the library and get some books to read while Jules was working. So, I got one Karen Kingsbury book and two Fannie Flagg books.

Then I went home, had some Ramen Noodles for lunch and took a shower. Jules got home around 5 and we had to leave at 5:15 to go to church. When we got there we met another lady who was also from Alabama and we discussed whether we thought Bama was winning at that precise moment. We had to do a singles event, and it pretty much stunk. We were promoting our Community group and that pretty much bombed. I thought people would really be interested in our group, but they really weren't. It turned out to be okay, though, because we already have a "core" group that attend the community group. The only thing that really stunk was that while wasting 3 hours of our time, we also missed church and the bama game. :(

Sunday morning Jules had to be in very very early. I woke up at 8:15 on my day off, and got up and read the Karen Kingsbury book I checked out on Saturday. I read it all. All day. That's all I did. Then when Jules got home she ate Ramen Noodles (notice a theme here??) and we watched the Bama Game and screamed our heads off at how EXCITING IT IS FOR BAMA TO BEAT GEORGIA!!

Then Erin and Sass called and said they were making Homemade Doughnuts and asked if we wanted to come over. We did. They made doughnuts and I made some glaze and they were pretty good.

Then we went home and went to sleep around 9:45.

This morning I woke up with a really dry, scratchy throat. YAY. I've started one of the Fannie Flagg books and it's hilarious!!

OH, another exciting thing of the weekend. I made plans with Catie Grace to go see HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3 with her when I'm in town later this month! yay!!!!

Anyway, that's my weekend, and now, Heather, I bet you feel like you were actually there!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry i am just now commenting, i was gone ALL day long. With a very sleepy very ill little boy.

:) I love reading your blogs :)