Thursday, September 11, 2008

Surrender

So, Jules has been trying to get a job working with a lab doing tissue analysis and using a microscope and squeezing pipets and slicing and spreading and all that stuff that lab people do. She has had 4 interviews for lab jobs. All 4 have been the best interviews of her life. At all 4 she was told they would like to hire her, they love her, and they'd call her back. She hasn't heard from any of them.

When she first became unemployed she applied for a job at Southwest Airlines. She didn't know if she would get it or not, but it was worth a shot. After a long process of about 3 months of interviews, stacks and stacks of paperwork, background checks, fingerprinting, meetings, and such, Jules got offered a job with Southwest.

She starts on the 17th. While she was in the hiring process with SWA I was just not sure that it was the right thing. I wanted her to have a lab job. That was what she wanted to do. The SWA job was supposed to be a "fall back" job.

Monday she applied for one last job at a great lab that processes donor tissue and organs. On Tuesday they called her back and said they would love to have a phone interview with her. On Wednesday they called to say that the shift had changed from Day to 3pm-1am. Working night shift is not really a possibility at this time, so unfortunately Jules had to tell the woman thanks, but no thanks.

So, she's back at square one.

I, being a Christian, believe that God is in control over our whole lives. I have struggled with anger issues with God lately, but that's okay, because I'm pretty sure God is big enough to handle me being mad at him. But, even in my confusion and frustration with the whole situation, I think I am at a point now where one fact is staring me in the face.

I think Southwest is where Jules is supposed to be.

Every interaction with the people of Southwest has been extremely positive. Jules is excited. There are good benefits. She will be treated like a human being, not just a robot filling a position. She will have a very good opportunity to advance in Southwest in very little time. She will be appreciated. All the signs point to this being a good thing.

I wasn't excited. I wasn't happy about it. I wasn't supportive. But after all that has happened...I had to remind myself that God IS in control. All those great interviews ending in NOTHING has to mean that God is clearing the path for her. Southwest MUST be where she's supposed to be right now. I have resigned myself to that fact.

So, stay tuned for a more supportive, more excited, happier me! Things are going to be okay. NO..they are going to be GREAT! And I'm feeling hope and optimism about this Southwest thing.

Watch out life....I'm BACK!

No comments: