Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Post number 102!

About a week ago I noticed that I was getting close to post number 100! WOW!

But then I forgot.

It was clearly very important to me! :0

So, today, when I signed in to post, I realized that I missed post number 100 so instead I'll just celebrate post number 102.

Seriously...I can't even imagine that I'd have enough to say to fill 102 posts. errm. riiiight.


Today is Administrative Professionals Day, and although I serve mostly as an Ophth. Tech, I also serve as our Administrative professional. The Clinic Manager got every Administrative professional a little flower-boutonniere-corsage thingy to wear. Lucky for me, I wore the junkiest scrubs I could manage today. I feel sort of like I'm wearing a crown encrusted with 1,000 diamonds in my pajamas. yay! I do appreciate the gesture. It's nice for someone to thank you for how hard you work...but my boss (in my department) thanks me for my hard work at least once a week. I'm lucky that way. Also? Flowers make me sneeze...so the idea of having a little bundle of flowers approximately 5 inches from my nostrils doesn't exactly make me excited for the onslaught of sneezes that are in my future.

In other news, there was a very interesting lecture on eating disorders during lunch today. I was actually pretty impressed by the information presented. It was very thorough. I quite enjoyed it as I crunched on my salad while everyone else was eating Indian food. It was okay though, because I find most of the offerings of Indian food catch up with me soon after I've swallowed.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. I'm not very excited. I always thought that dentists, proctologists, and gynecologists must be major sadists or something. And seriously, can you think of 3 more horrible places to have your hands in? Mouth, bottom, tootie-ta. See! I told you. You're snarling your nose up now, aren't you?

Speaking of tootie-ta's. I have one more story before I go. When I was about 18 I was having some sort of kidney pain or something. It was only on one side (which pretty much rules out kidneys) and it wasn't constant. It came and went like the north star. (well, honestly, I think the North Star is pretty constant, isn't it?) Anyway, I went to the doctor and after a series of questions they decide they need to do a pelvic exam. I was like, umm okay? Thinking that I would just lay down and they'd just poke on my belly or something. NOPE. The nurse pulls out a sheet and says, "Take your clothes off and wrap up in this sheet." I was like, "Take what?" She looked at me--clearly unamused by my shyness--and repeated "Take your clothes off and wrap up in that sheet." I said (probably a little more panic-y than I meant) "what clothes?" and she so kindly informed me that she meant MY clothes. I said, again pulling her from the door she was trying to exit, "Which clothes?? ALL of them???? WHY???" The nurse informed me that the doctor wanted to "invade my private space and make me horribly embarrassed then talk about me when I left." OK. maybe that's not exactly what the nurse said. But I was not having it at all. I waited until the nurse left and counted to ten. Then....I gathered my things and RAN out of that doctor's office.

Funny thing was I never had anymore side pain after that.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

WAY too FUNNY!!!!