Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friends

When I started blogging here, it was just so my sister could read about my daily life and know what was going on with me, since we live about 1,200 miles apart from one another. Heather had me on her little blogroll thing on the side, so the people who read her eventually ended up here. (I'm sorry). I really mostly talk about nothing. I like to tell funny stories about the things that I've done that have been less than wise, or the things that have happened to me. Weird stuff happens to me a lot. Most people think the stories are funny in real life, so I figured I'd entertain my sister with them too. Then people started sticking around. They started commenting and laughing with me and it was like I had made new friends.

One of my new friends, Della, just found out that she had a miscarriage.

I don't have children. I have nieces and nephews who I love more than I thought I could like a snot-vomit-poop machine...but that's not the same. I have never had to experience the excitement of finding out you're pregnant, then the devastation of something going wrong.

All I can say to Della is that I'm so sorry. You are my friend and I'm sorry. I know it's not enough...but know that we (your online friends you may never meet) love you and we are thinking and praying for you. Because that's what friends do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:')
that's touching...

cheryl said...

You are a sweetheart, and a very funny one, at that! (I think I see my younger self in you somewhat..I can't say if that's a good thing, or not..you are much nicer, though!) Someday when Della and I are wealthy, (or should I say have a ton of extra money, as we are rich in other ways..) or if airfares go down to about $10, we'll visit you and your sister. Or meet you somewhere neutral, as one must be careful.. How about Hawaii or Paris?