Thursday, April 2, 2009

Changes are going to come...

So, Sunday I start this "diet". It's actually the second phase of a study I'm doing. But the short-story point is that they provide me with (real/regular, low-fat) food for two months...free...all my food. No groceries will be bought for two months. It's low calorie, low fat food. Portioned out for me...prepared and packed for me everyday. The main effect is not weight loss...but a side effect is. So I hope I lose some! I'm going to maximize my efforts to lose as much as possible during these two months...and then hopefully I'll have created healthy eating habits and continue eating right at the end of their two month period.

Also, I'm starting this Book/Bible study with some girls in my CommUNITY group. The book is, "Do You Think I'm Beautiful." by Angela Thomas. The gist of it is that God desires a relationship with us that is so intimate that we begin to see ourselves as God sees us, instead of defining ourselves by the "world's" standards. I mean, let's face it...I have terribly poor self esteem. There are so many things that contribute to this fact...and this study forces you to come to terms with the things that are hindering you from living a full life. We're just in the first week...and it's already good. I'll pass along what I'm learning every once in a while. :)

And lastly, I'm thinking about school more and more lately. I know I'm not quite ready to go back...but I think I'm starting to narrow down what I'd like to do. I used to think I wanted to do School Counseling...but the more I research the more I think I don't want to do that. For a long time I have entertained the idea of doing Occupational Therapy, but I've always told myself that I'm not smart enough to handle the science classes that OT would entail. After working where I work for so long now, and learning so much, and seeing that I can excel at science-y things...I'm starting to think I can do it.

Sorry for the boring material today. I just thought I would share what's going on in my life currently. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what boring material???
You GO girl!!!
This is GREAT! i'm all excited for you!!
I started a diet a month ago on requirement of my doctor :( very hard... but anyway this is a real dynamic start, perfect plan for Easter! A new begining, a lot to think about..
I found out recently about the walk at home program, and that really helped me through bad days of dieting.. :)

Good luck!

cheryl said...

What a great opportunity, to have your food planned, MADE, for you!! I always thought if I had someone right there, doling it out, etc.. I would do much better. I remember when Laverne and Shirley (before your time!) went to a "Fat Farm", and they had all kinds of snacks hidden in their rooms, it was pretty funny, but obviously defeating the "purpose".. Anyway, it sounds like a good plan, whatever the purpose, I'm sure you'll do fine. I'll mail you some Dunkin'Donuts in a plain cardboard box, if you'd like.. how's that for attempted sabotage (sp?)?? Btw, re: your book.. I think you're beautiful as you are, but it's always good to get closer to God. I tell my girls that it's not the outside that's important, even though they're naturally lovely, as long as they're clean, modest, etc. And they are. It's hard the way things are in this world, so it's important to know what is REALLY important! Take care, and you are not boring at all.

KrustyLynn said...

hahaha! How about this...once I'm done with my "diet" we'll see about those doughnuts! :)

Thank y'all for the kind things you've said! :) I'll keep you posted on the progress!

16 blessings'mom said...

Never had a Dunkin Donut? Krispy Cremes have a store about an hour from here, and lots of places used them as fundraisers by driving there and getting tons of them...then they opened one in the city near here, and it shut down already. But there are DunkinDonuts shops everywhere. The coffee is excellent, but the donuts are small, lightweight, not bad, okay, I never met a donut I didn't like, but....store bakeries have much better donuts, and individual family run bakeries are the best. Cheryl and I have had some fun going to a few different ones together. (I think a bakery is what heaven smells like)....but sorry, this cannot be good for your new diet, which I wish you all the best in....and the book study sounds like a really worthwhile thing....it has helped me tremendously through the years to seek to please Him, and not care what people think. This was not a boring post!!!

della