Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Groceries Galore!

Yesterday was the first time in 2 months I've had to go shopping for groceries. I remembered (rather quickly) why I don't like to go grocery shopping. This time wasn't SO bad because Jules had cooked a wonderful supper before we left and so we were full. Also, we had written out a list, that sort of comprised of foods that we can make several meals out of. :) It was a very productive trip, but we walked around a lot and the little incision where they did my muscle biopsy was getting really sore. To ice that cake, when we got back to the car we noticed that someone had hit Julie's side-view mirror and knocked it off! She was not very happy about it (as you can imagine.) Unfortunately for Jules, I had been bitten by the ticklebug and couldn't stop laughing about her mirror just hanging there by it's wires. I really thought it was funny. She REALLLY didn't.

So, today she'll be calling the insurance company to see if they'll fix it since someone hit it and didn't leave a note or anything! RUDE PEOPLE! Also, she's having a little trouble with her BRAND NEW cell phone, so during my lunch break we're going to take it back and see if they'll give her another one. I am going with her because she's not very assertive and I can be if the need arises, so just in case "Punk Kritty" will be on standby. :)

**Punk Kritty is my alter ego. The assertive, slightly irritated, and a little bit pushy side of me that comes out when people are being rude. Or when standing up for yourself or someone else is warranted. ***

ha. I really am a little weird.

There are people interviewing for a couple open positions in the clinic next door to mine. I feel so sorry for them!! I've had some really good interviews and a couple really bad interviews. I am just so thankful that I have a job and I don't have to interview right now. Interviews are so nerve-wrecking! You sit there, trying to seem casual and confident, and flip through an educational magazine that you care nothing about. Then they FINALLY call your name and you jump up as though you're names being called for a lottery prize! You follow the person into a room full of strangers just waiting to pick you apart. And those are the GOOD interviews! hahah! I'm just kidding. sort of.

The worst interview I ever had was before I got this job. I was trying to get a job doing office supply/purchasing and although I didn't have any experience they thought that I was teachable and wanted me to come in for an interview. I answered all the questions and was very nice and polite and I thought things were going really well. Somewhere along the way the woman interviewing me decided that I was not right for the job...so she interrupted one of my answers to a question she had JUST asked and tells me that she's not going to be hiring me. That I'm a nice girl but just not right for the job. And because I was caught completely off guard I started tearing up. I was embarrassed and just wanted to leave, but OH NO! She had other plans. She proceeded to tell me every little area that I was not qualified and goes on and on about how I'm so nice and she's just sure I'll get a job somewhere! Thanks a lot, lady! I was totally humiliated!

Interviewing is really hard anyway, and here they make it even harder. The doctor next door (not the one I work for, thankfully) asks you weird questions that catch you off guard in an interview. How would you like to be sitting there, confident and prepared, and get asked, "Do you love your mom and dad?" or, "Do you think women can be as good a doctor as men?" SERIOUSLY??? those aren't interview questions. And he might even ask where you live, so that he knows how far away you are and he might not hire you just because you live more than 10 miles from work and traffic or whatever might cause you to be late.

I didn't have to interview with him, because I don't work for him. But my roommate did and I feel so sorry for the little chaps sitting in the waiting room right now thinking that this is the opportunity they've been waiting for.

Is it wrong to slip them a note that reads, "RUN AWAY!!!" :) hhaha. just kidding.


sort of.

3 comments:

Lisa Chelle said...

a list certainly makes the shopping easier and cheaper.

i feel bad for your friend, hopefully she gets a new phone and her car fixed.

i think you should slip someone the note.

16 blessings'mom said...

Yeah, I get bitten by the tickle bug at the oddest times too. It is way funnier when someone else thinks it is NOT funny, I guess!

cheryl said...

I'm with Della.. and among the funnest times when the tickle bug has bitten would be when we'd be driving/riding in her big 15 pass. van with our girls and some others mixed in, and we'd say something hilarious (or so we thought) to each other, and no one would know what we were laughing about. We could be pretty ridiculous, but then so could they! Perhaps your roommate was bitten by the tick-me-off bug? And then again, when you kept laughing?
I want to say something about the interviewing doctor, but I'm just chicken..