Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane???

So, I think I might try to go home this weekend. I have two free flights that I have to use by the end of December, and so I have been looking at my work schedule and it's virtually impossible for me to miss any weekdays, except MAYBE a Friday. Being out of town on a M-Th is just not going to happen. So, I am thinking if I use one of my free flights in November and another in December then it's a way more plausible approach than using two in December. You see, the way it works is I have to fly standby, so I have to pick flight days and times where there are lots of openings on the flights I want. So, If I try to fly on a holiday weekend, it's not going to happen. I'll end up sitting at the airport all day, wasting my time, because all flights will be full around the holidays. Also, weekends are usually a pretty bad time to fly, but the schedules look okay for this weekend. Next weekend is a bust, because it's the weekend after Thanksgiving and there's no guarantee I'd be back before work on Monday.

But is it too much for me to ask my family to drive all the way to Nashville to pick me up. It's about two hours each way and that's a lot of driving in a weekend. I don't know. I wish I could rent a car, but they're so expensive. I have to talk to my mom and sister about it...see what they say. I know they'd like to see me, but maybe they'd like me to wait until I can take some days off. Maybe leave on a Thursday night and take Friday and Monday off then come back to work on a Tuesday. It might be possible in December, but I'd have to do some maneuvering. Anyway, I know I am so lucky that my dilemma is that I have free flights and don't know when to use them. I am lucky that my dilemma is not that I cannot afford a flight home to see my family, like it has been in the past. But, seriously, I want to use these flights so they're not wasted!!!

What to do?? what to dooo???

No comments: