Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The best birthday gift i've ever given!

Yesterday was heather's birthday. She told me about three weeks ago what she would like me to give her. It was a present that had to be made, which is why she told me so far in advance. We'll just call it a Bosom Bungalow. It is a blanket that ties/secures around your neck so that you don't have to worry about it slipping down while you are breastfeeding your baby and showing the world your ta-ta's. So...i checked it out online so I could get an idea of how to make them (since there are no patterns). Then, instead of starting it that day or that weekend...i forgot. Which brings me to July 18th, at 7:00pm. I had been off work since the 15th, and therefore I was unaware of what date it was and how quickly heather's birthday was approaching. So, right then I went to Walmart and got the materials i needed to make her Bosom Bungalow. I got home at 8:30 and worked from 8:30 until 1 AM knowing that I had to mail it on Saturday if it was going to get there anywhere around her birthday. And since there was no pattern, it was a whole mess of trial-and-error (mostly error). :) So, finally I finished it and dreamt all night that she hated it. I got up at 9:00 on Saturday morning so that I could take it by the Post Office. It was by no means a professional-grade product...but it was cute, it was nice, and it was pretty. It didn't match her 'bedding' for the crib and that had me worried.

So today she got it (only ONE day after her birthday! yay!!) and she apparently LOVED it. I am so glad that she loved it. And she said it surpassed her expectations, which means that it was a lot nicer than she thought it would be! I was pretty impressed with it myself, and I am so glad that she loves it. The best part of giving a gift is seeing how much that person enjoys it...especially when that person is your sister who you love so dearly. :)

Happy Birthday Heather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do love it. Seriously. I am sure that everyone i show will want one too. I mean the one you made is SO much nicer then anything i could have bought. And i didn't want it to match the bedding, because in the bedroom surely i will feel comfy enough to just pull em out HAHA. Its perfect colors.

Connor thought it was a blanket for him. Cause EVERYTHING that comes in this house is his lol!!

LOVE YOU SISTER

:)

That Chick Over There said...

What a neat gift!