Wednesday, July 30, 2008

That hole in my bucket that I mentioned before...

Things are really not going very good in life right now. I am typically not a person who lets things get her down, but honestly--I'm down. I am in this hole right now that I can't really see a way out of. Everytime there is a small ray of light to help me see my way out, something happens and the light disappears. All this has to do with money and finances, and I HATE having to worry about stuff like that. Julie had to quit her job a few months ago, and I don't blame her for that. She did the right thing. But it has been harder than we both thought for her to find a new job. That has weighed heavily on both of us. I think Jules feels guilty. I don't blame her for any of this though. If she had stayed at her old job she would have just continued to become a mean, bitter person. So, she quit and instead of bitterness she now feels guilt. I wish she didn't. There is nothing more that she can do to fix the situation than she's been doing. She's applied for like 50+ jobs. She's gone on interviews. She's doing everything she can.

Tomorrow she has an interview for the job she has wanted since she quit her previous job. It seems pretty promising. It seems like a job she'd actually like and be happy doing. It's a job where she gets to help people. Tomorrow. At 4:00pm. And we really really need this to go well.

When Jules first quit her job, I said that we could make it until August with my paycheck, but after that we'd have to get help from somewhere. Tomorrow is July 31st. The day before August starts.

Also, when trying to see the silver lining, Julie's parents have not had an extra penny to squeeze for years. Starting in August her parents will have freed up some extra money and be able to help us with a few bills. IN AUGUST. The month where I said we wouldn't make it.

So, it's proof that God has not forgotten us. And although I KNOW that things will eventually work out...I'm not feeling that way. So, for the *maybe* two of you who read this...please pray. We're not doing so good.

No comments: