Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pringles Post

When Julie's dad was here with her mom, he would cook supper for us almost every night. He would go to the store earlier in the day and sometimes would start cooking just after lunchtime. He'd make things like smothered pork chops and Paula Deen's casseroles. One night I got home and I was STARVING. It had been over 5 hours since I had eaten, and I knew he would be cooking. I thought about stopping to get a snack before I got home, so that he didn't say anything about me eating when dinner was coming up. But, after I thought about rush hour traffic and delaying getting on the road by even a few minutes, i decided I would just get a snack when I got home.

I was nervous about walking right into the kitchen where he was cooking and just getting something out of the pantry to eat because he's an outspoken man and I didn't want him to embarrass me for eating. I was afraid he'd say something like, "Don't rurnt yer dinner, naw, Kristi." He's an outspoken man. One time when I was staying with Jules at her house I had to...well, you know...go #2. So, I went in the bathroom and used it and before I left I turned on the fan and shut the door. My reasoning in this was that if the door is closed, the STINKY smell would not escape and kill all people in it's path. Also, with the fan on, it would suck up the stinky air and be gone in just a few minutes. So, i close the door and proceed to the living room where (I can't remember) everyone must've been watching tv or something. Well, Jules' dad walks up from the back of the house to the kitchen (probably to cook something) and he smells my poopy bathroom. He yells out to the group of us, "Who crapped in the bathroom?!" Thinking, I guess, that it was one of his girls. I raised my hand and said it was me and he said "Gosh. use some spray next time." I was MORTIFIED. i just said something like 'yes, sir' and hoped I would disappear. ....why was I telling you this story??...oh yeah! He's an outspoken man!

Anyway, because he's so outspoken, i was afraid he might call me out on eating a snack before supper was ready. So, when he wasn't in the kitchen I ran in there and stole a can of pringles from the pantry. I stuffed it in my shirt and ran to the bathroom. There I proceeded to lock myself in and eat the remaining half a can of crunchy chip delights. There was just one problem. When I finished the chips, where was I going to put the can??? I thought about throwing it in the trash can in the bathroom, but I was afraid Julie's mom would take out the trash and see it. I thought about throwing it in the kitchen trash, but i knew her dad was back in there cooking by then. I honestly did not know what to do, so I did something I THOUGHT I would never get caught doing. I stashed the can in the top of Julie's closet where she kept her suitcases. I took special care to make sure that it could not be seen from outside the closet, and that if reaching up into the closet you would never touch it. My plan was to go back and get it out after Julie's parents were gone. That was my plan.

Last night, when I was getting ready to go to bed I asked Jules and her mom what they were planning to do today. They said clean out Julie's room and closet. CLOSET. (where the pringles can is stashed). So...i got this really embarrassed look on my face and when they asked what was wrong I told them the whole story. I am not kidding when I say that they were laughing SO HARD.

If I had been a faster thinker I would have written a note and taped it on the can instead of telling the story. Oh Well.

Oh, and you may be wondering if I went and got the can and threw it away, since my secret was out. Nope. It's still there. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your such a dork lol