Thursday, July 3, 2008

I LOVE FIREWORKS

Don't you? I just love fireworks! They are so happy and fun. Nothing suits me better than a fireworks show put on by someone other than your redneck neighbor who keeps shooting bottle rockets at your hair. :)

One year we went to the Huntsville Stars game and a little boy and his family were seated directly behind us. He must have just had a science lesson on fireworks in school...or maybe he worked part-time in a fireworks factory because he proceeded to tell us after every. single. fireworks display what made the color that just appeared. The fact that he was like 7 made me pretty sure that his knowledge did not, in fact, come from a part-time job at the fireworks factory. Nonetheless, it was one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced. So annoying that despite the fact that it happened only once about 10 or more years ago, we still joke about it EVERY SINGLE 4TH OF JULY. :)

We are nothing, if not predictable.

So, today is the 3rd. There are going to be "celebrations" all over the suburbs tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday night. There will be fireworks at the local Major League Baseball games downtown on each of those nights and there are several neighborhoods/cities within a 20 mile radius having little festivals to go to. I'm very excited, to say the least. Just the thought of going to sleep to the sound of fireworks all night long makes my cup runneth over. :) I love the 4th of July.

I wish y'all happy hot dogs, hearty hamburgers, and cold, cold homemade ice cream for the 4th! I'll be back on Monday!

Oh, and try to remember our Troops this 4th of July. They are overseas fighting for our right to shoot off fireworks in celebration of freedom. In honor of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0VZdpv9H20


HAPPY 4TH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you know what makes red?

;)

hahahahaha