Monday, March 16, 2009

Books that rhyme with "Sky-Light*"

*so, I am going to be referring to the series of books that rhymes with "skylight" as the skylight books. Simply for the sake of 1,000,000 google searches that will lead unsuspecting skylight fans to my blog.


So...I got "sucked" in. HA! that's funny! Sucked right into Skylight. I have heard people like Michelle say that these books were STINKIN GOOD! (though she probably used a different word other than "stinkin".) and then Jules' aunt was here and she was going on and on about how the skilight books appeal to readers of all ages--not just teens. I had been skeptical until that point, but I decided to give them a try. I picked the first one up at walmart for about $7.49 which i thought was A STEAL!!! I read it all on a Saturday. I am a little ashamed to say that I loved it so much that I got up on Sunday and the FIRST thing I did was run to Walmart to get the second one. I read it all on Sunday.

Sunday night I went to get the 3rd and 4th but Walmart didn't have them. I had to go to Target and pay a little more (they only had hardback). I read the 3rd one in like 2 days inbetween patients at work and during my free time at home. I started the 4th one 4 days after starting the 1st one. I stretched it out, however, knowing that I had to stay in the hospital for that study and would need a source of entertainment.

Now, I am finished with the skilight books, and honestly, I'm sad that it's over. I loved them and was so entertained by them! I read them much too quickly! I think I got so attached to them b/c I need to believe that a love like **Della and Studward's** can withstand anything...even if it's only in a book. And you know what...I was superiorly pleased when it did.

**substitute the "D" with a "B" and the "Stud" with "Ed". :)

No comments: