Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flashbacks!

Oh, man! Tonight, I will spend my first night EVER in a hospital (except for, you know, when I was scooping poo and such working at one). This is my first night ever as a "patient". OOOH. The thought makes me shudder. I'll tell you one thing...NO ONE will be helping ME use the bathroom. NO. WAY.

So, before you get all worried you should know that it's just for a study visit. I am participating in a study that's (for lack of a better word) studying the effects of undereating on insulin and glucose in your body. It all sounds complicated but here's the jist/gist: I eat the food they give me, and only the food they give me for ____ amount of time. Somewhere in that time period on a scheduled day I spend the night in the hospital and they do study stuff like draw my blood every 30 seconds or something the next day. I'm pretty sure I'll have to be waking at the exact butt-crack of dawn. yay.

Anyway, I've started to think about all the memories I have of the hospital stuff. The good things, the bad things...the gross things. All the people and the fun we had! Oh man!! It was such a good job for me.

I've never broken any bones. I've never had to have surgery. I've never been ill enough to have to do anything besides drag myself to the doctor to get meds. Only one time I had to go to the ER because I was having an asthma attack. I don't actually have asthma...which is probably an important factor in having an asthma attack. I think the problem was that I spent the whole day with my dad and his new wife and her children, who I now believe after reading Twilight might've been warewolves. Anyway, I think I was allergic to them not whatever else they said caused my "allergy-induced asthma attack." But even then I just had to sit in the ER and do a nebulizer treatment and go home. So it feels weird to have to go to the hospital and stay. Even if I won't have to have anyone coming in "q4 hours" to check my vital signs. Oh well.

Think of me tonight while you're enjoying your families and your laughter and your pets. I'll be alllllllll alone at the hospital. :( (how was that for a pity party!?) HAHAHA!

So--anyway, I'll be out of work tomorrow, so I won't be writing...but I'll be back on Thursday to report how it went! :) Hopefully it will not be a poo-tastrophe. ;-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww see i would come stay with you :(

cheryl said...

If I lived within 40 miles, and the weather was decent, I would definitely visit you!! Of course, I would have to eat the donuts (a kind of tradition for visiting folks in the hospital) that I'd bring, myself, right in front of you!! Not really, I would be considerate. Just pretend I'm there, even though you don't really know me.. and I'll do the same.. I am glad, though, that you're not sick or injured, I really hate hospitals for that sort of thing. Don't get me started.. Take care! Hope your stay is nice and comfortable.