Monday, March 23, 2009

Mixed Media

I love TV. Throw stones if you like...I am easily entertained. I like books and movies too. I am a bit more particular about what I read than I am about what I watch. I can see just about ANY movie and really enjoy it. I don't so much love those movies that are like "spoofs" or whatever...but most other movies I really enjoy. Even the "boy kind"--you know, the action-packed muscle-man running through the forest fighting off elephants and lions and linebackers. I still like those. I have an assortment of TV shows that I really enjoy, an assortment of those that I like okay and will watch if nothing else is on, and then there are TV shows that I really just don't like. I watch things like The Biggest Loser, American Idol, and Grey's Anatomy. I haven't missed a season of Survivor in about 4-5 years. I love Supernanny.

I am particular about who I'll read tho. I pretty much stick to a couple authors, my favorite being Karen Kingsbury. I have read just about EVERY single book she's written, with the exception of the brand new ones I've yet to buy. And then of course, there's that author that writes *skylight*. I got sucked in to reading her saga. And loved it, of course, like the millions of people across the country who are also a bit obsessed.

My top three movies are Pride and Prejudice (the most recent one), The Holiday (with Jack Black, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, and Kate Winslet), and The Wedding Date (with Dermot Mulroney and Debra Messing). Those movies I can watch over and over. I like Pride and Prejudice because when I read the book, I pictured the characters in my head. And then when they came out with the most recent movie, the pictures in my head matched the pictures on the screen! It was as though those characters were straight out of my brain!! And I love Mr. Darcy's transformation. I like the other two movies b/c they're brilliantly happy and lovely and fun. And The Wedding Date has some of the BEST lines!

I love to find out what someone's favorite TV shows and movies are. I think it speaks volumes about their personality. So, please, if you have time, tell me your favorite TV show(s) and favorite movie(s). :)

3 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AUTISMOMMA said...

Hi - I love Biggest Loser too! It's one of our favorites in this house. Supernanny is also a favorite but I didn't realize this show is still airing new episodes...is it and I've just been missing out? Others that I never try to miss are TLC's "18 Kids and Counting," "Jon & Kate Plus 8," and now I'm sure after this evening one of my faves will also be "Table for 12."

We also like Rules of Engagement, Big Bang Theory, a lot of the HGTV and Food Network shows...Besides the ones above, we rarely watch anything on a regular basis though.

With two kids who are usually still up well until 9:30 or 10:00, it's hard to watch anything with all the noise. We're not DV-R kind of people because once we get the kiddos to bed, we're ready to collapse too and really, when else would there be time? Having said that, we miss a lot of lines in tv shows and only get to watch them in snippets. We haven't watched an entire movie in one sitting in years!

16 blessings'mom said...

I have to say "The Office" is my favorite show. It is hilarious. We have watched every single episode. We don't watch too much other tv, but we ALWAYS watch American Idol. And we like "Cops" on Saturday night. Movies: I love "Anne of Green Gables", ....I like to watch romantic comedies with my daughter Abigail, she is so much fun, she just laughs her head off....