Monday, October 20, 2008

Among Other Things...

Hi!

So, this weekend I got my hair cut. At the Aveda Institute. A girl named Kelsey did it. It turned out really really good...I really like it. It's a tad bit shorter than I would have liked...but it's growing on me. And...you pay 12 dollars...and they give you a scalp massage and use these calming oils in your hair and then they wash your hair and it feels so good! Plus, she spent like 15 minutes talking with me about what i liked and didn't like. She was so patient with me and really wanted to get it right. I loved it! Then, when you finish your haircut they give you lip gloss to wear!! yay!!

It was a great experience. The getting there wasn't tho. the day was supposed to start with a run to Hobby Lobby to return some wooden letters that I ended up not using for Sarah Beth's wall hanging...I was supposed to get something like $21.00 back. I originally paid with my debit card, so I thought that they would just give me cash back. Therefore, I decided to just run by there on my way to my haircut, passing by the ATM on the way to hobby lobby. The Aveda Institute tips can only be paid in cash, so i was just going to pay for the haircut with cash too. I had about 24 dollars in my account and Jules, who was going to lend me the 20 until payday, had about 28. (yes, i know...we are in a new state of poor). So...i passed the ATM and went on to Hobby Lobby, but guess what!? They told me they couldn't give me cash back. When i OH-SO-POLITELY asked why not the lady said "I'm sorry. It's just too much money." Just as I was opening my mouth to say, "too much money? You have got to be kidding." the manager walked by and said, "no, it's not too much money, it's that you paid with a debit card and so you have to have the refund go on your debit card." I was furious. I said..."the money in my "debit card account" is real money...so why can't you give me real money???" Still, they wouldn't budge. So there I was, in the middle of nowhere...no banks nearby, furious as a swarm of hornets, and getting closer and closer to my haircut appointment time. I frantically ran over to the bank, wasting gas to go the opposite direction and took the 20 out of my account. The exact 20 they just credited back to my acct. HOW ANNOYING!! So...i rushed downtown only to realize after my very successful ride to the right place that I didn't have ANY change for the parking meters. The lots are like 20 dollars and there's no hourly rate, so a meter was my only chance. I had to park about 8 blocks away, and I was wearing heels. (stupid!) I ran in a Starbucks that was about 3 blocks from where i was parked, risking a ticket. I bought a coffee and when i asked for some quarters in my change the guy told me he couldn't do it. OH MAN! WHAT A DAY! so i told him that was fine, but I would be exchanging some of my dollars for some quarters out of his tip jar. He gave me the quarters I needed. So i walked back 3 blocks (ouch! my feet!) and paid the meter, and pretty much ran to my appointment. I was hot, sweaty, and blister-footed by the time i got there, so the relaxing experience of Aveda was just what the doctor ordered.

Anyway, that's really the only exciting thing that happened to me this weekend. My haircut looks pretty good...but i forgot my camera so i can't post a picture! soon. :)

OH...and Nicole! I think I remembered who you are!! Are you the girl who does the stool and podium at the stage sometimes and we walked in front of the camera that time and ruined the tape for that service?? Did I meet you at the same time as Jolene? If not, I'm really sorry! If so...yay! I remembered!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's me! Hope you're having fun in the south.