Friday, October 24, 2008

doodly-doo

SO, today, I am very very tired. I was up WAY too late last night. Partly because I wanted to eat at a salad bar restaurant last night, and then i proceeded to watch Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, and Pushing Daisies. All of those were Tivo'd. Which means, I didn't stop watching TV until WAY too late last night. If only I weren't so easily entertained. :) So then we realized that Julie's work clothes were in the washer and she needed them dry for tomorrow. So, She went to bed, because she has to get up at 3:30, and I went to fold the clothes in the dryer. They weren't dry. So...I went and packed lunches and returned to the dryer. They still weren't dry. DARN! So, I decided even though it was late that I would shower and just go to bed with wet hair that way it wouldn't take me so long to get ready in the morning (and since it was so late, getting up early wasn't going to happen.) So, I showered...and then just stood under the warm water. It felt so good. Temps have been hovering around the 40's during the day around here lately and even colder at night. We don't turn the heat on much, b/c it's EXPENSIVE but also because it gets too hot at night sometimes. So...I just stood under the warm water, defrosting my frozen toes and fingers. When I finally got out of the shower and dried off and put clothes back on, the dryer was finished. I folded those clothes and then switched the washer to the dryer and went to bed. I slept so good!
One side effect of sleeping with wet hair:

Yeah. Do you see that? That little cock-a-doodly-doo there?? it's not supposed to be there!? My hair is not that short ANYWHERE. There's no reason for any piece of my hair to be 2 inches long. I have no idea how that happened. But anyway, today, it's standing straight up. Nothing I did this morning would make it lay down. So, I'm going with it.

In other news, look at the view out the window at my office. OH, the colors of fall in Colorado are just beautiful! In a bit the sky will turn a brighter blue (after the sun has been up a while longer) and it will be just gorgeous. Look:
OHhh. that's nice. That little golden tree is just fantastic. I bet Bob Ross would want to paint it righttherethissecond. :)

Ok, I'm very excited to be going home tomorrow, but I'll miss this little guy:

And Jules. But she wouldn't want me to put her picture up. But at least in the time I'm away from those two, I'll be with Mom, Heather, Catie Grace, Connor, Sarah Beth, Mamal and Stevie. I can't wait to see them!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just laughed so hard about your hair, just the way you described it lol!!

YAY i get to see you TOMORROW!!